NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The IRIS Nebula

mackiedlm

I worked hard to bring out the dust on this and I am not sure it really works that well - maybe looks a bit overprocessed? Comments and suggestions for how to make it better please.

SW Evostar 80ED, EOS700Da, NEQ6

58 X 240s ISO800 ( should have been more but mist!)

iris_FINAL.thumb.png.3b07dd1498801c5733c5e21a96d37f6d.png

• Like 10

On 18/10/2020 at 18:52, mackiedlm said:

should have been more but mist!

Ruins many a good clear night.

Nice Iris, maybe a little overcooked. I think if you try a more gentle approach to the process and work a little on the colour balance you could improve it. Sometimes less is more. 

27 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Ruins many a good clear night.

Nice Iris, maybe a little overcooked. I think if you try a more gentle approach to the process and work a little on the colour balance you could improve it. Sometimes less is more. 

Thanks for that. I think you are right, overcooked!  I'm just learning Pixinsight and I need to tone various processes down a bit. I'll give it another go at the weekend.

3 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

I think reducing the colour saturation considerably would give a calmer, cleaner image. Otherwise it looks great to me.

Olly

Thanks Olly.  I increased the saturation selectively in the dust right at the very end and that was a mistake. I really need to work on subtlety but I've never been much good at that.😆