NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Electronic eyepiece for planetary imaging

Quicky

Hi guys,

it's been while since I've been under the stars. I'm getting back into it now. My present webcam isn't compatible unfortunately. Does anyone know if this is any good for planetary imaging?? 

JENOR 1.25" Telescope Digital Electronic Eyepiece Camera for Astrophotography USB Port

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MMMY6J5/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_fab_1yhFFb07Z8PK2

Thinking of getting one... Or is there a cheap one I could get that you know of?

PS Where's UK astro imaging gone??? 

Thanks in advance

Simon 

Looking at the technical specs it will work for the moon I guess  but it won't be much good for planetary imaging because of the low frame rate.  It's not clear what control you have over Gain and Frame rate.

The reviews on Amazon don't look very good either.  It comes with its own driver but not sure  it will work with Firecapture or Sharpcap.

Bottom line - you get what you pay for IMHO

thanks a lot guys.. i used to use a phillips web cam.. Didn't get bad results really... It's not compatible with my laptop unfortunately. Any recommendations for one under 100 quid??

Thanks

Simon

56 minutes ago, Quicky said:

Any recommendations for one under 100 quid??

If you are feeling lucky, check: "T7C ST4Guide Star Planetary Telescope Electronic Eyepiece Camera High Speed CMT"  on Ebay at £73.46.  This seems to be the Datyson T7C camera, supposedly a cheaper clone of the ASI120MC (USB2) which is now replaced by the ASI120C-S (USB3).

One of our forum menbers bought the Datyson T7C and thought it worked okay.