Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best Budget Binocular Tripod

MrR

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a budget tripod? It’s to mount a used pair of 25x100 binoculars. I’m not looking for a ball-head type (or parallelogram - not prepared to build or buy one either. But know these are the best!).

I’ve looked at Manfrotto, Horizon, Orion and others such as Victiv and K&F. Just looking for a solid and sturdy tripod that won’t break the bank. 

Cheers 

are you planning to use the bino's seated or standing?

The issue with standing is to get a tripod that can reach the required height which will mean legs extended and possibly the centre pillar extended too. Takes its toll on stability unless its a very solid tripod. There are some that are geared for video use that may suit but not having experience of these I can't vouch for any in particular.

The tripod I have is a Pyser model and works fine but I mainly use a monopod (Giottos 5570) for the binos. Saves tripping over the extended legs etc. Having said that I'm not using anything near a 100mm pair which I'd imagine are quite heavy.

Edited by DaveL59

Thanks Dave 

42 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

are you planning to use the bino's seated or standing?

I'm planning on standing. I've also seen some Celestron models, which seem good. But any other opinions, thoughts and experience of a cost-effective tripod that is over 170", and able to carry a heavy payload much appreciated.