NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meade advice

Afternoon all

I'm going to sell for a friend a Meade 90ETX with electric focus, 3 x EPs, variable polariser, Barlow etc, Autostar handset and the eq/altaz mount and tripod.

Optics are in great shape - it's from circa 2004 and complete with a case for the set up. I need to just test it to make sure it fires up, but pretty sure it will be fine.

Any pointers as to potential ballpark value please. I want to try to max the price for her as C-19 has hit her hard financially and she needs every penny she can get. From some research, an asking price of about £400 ono - how would that sound?

Thanks in advance

Keith

Sorry to read about your friends circumstances. I hope life and everything, improves for her in the future.

New ETX90's are nearly £500GBP... I think £350GBP maybe a realistic value as it is a 2004 model. The downside maybe
the mechanics. Meade used nylon/plastic gears and tend to be worn or with broken teeth within the drivetrain.

Apologies in advance if I appear negative.

• Thanks 1

General consensus is that a used scope of good quality and fairly recent manufacture is about 2/3 retail price. Older scopes generally go for a bit less. It’ll probably go for around the £250 - £299 mark as a guess.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info guys - it’s almost pristine and looks hardly used. I reckon the gears should be ok having owned a CPC800 for a number of years, unless wedged, they don’t suffer too much. Knowing the lady, I very much doubt she ever wedged it. I’ll go for 375 with the extras and see what happens. Easier to go down than up😂

keith

• Like 1