Fine adjustment of camera lens focus

Hello all. I have been looking at methods of improving my focusing of my canon lenses. I tiny movement can cause the lens to be out of focus. Couple this with trying to do it in the dark and with the added addition of a dew heater the focus can easily be knocked out of position.

I saw these but they don't have the best reviews that I have seen. So has anyone used these type or any other designs that they can recommend?

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p3284_Mikrofokussierer-mit-Fixierung-fuer-Tele-Objektive-bis-D---105mm.html

Edited by Chefgage

Hello 

I use something similar for my Samyang 135mm f/2 lens and it works really well, especially when use a Bahtinof mask on the lens as well.

This was a 3d printed version that I got on Ebay specially made from the lens, but the ones you have posted look like they work in a similar way.

You have to get the focus close, then tighten the band that is on the focus ring. Then you can make fine adjustments using the small screw on the focuser. Because the ring is fixed and controlled with a screw the focus is effectively locked in place once set.

IMG_6990.thumb.jpg.bf5c5c16d742eec983935b37f7c2a1c8.jpgIMG_6988.thumb.jpg.111d1bcd0a077e3f39d4f9f7f95464d0.jpgIMG_6989.thumb.jpg.270fe032cfb3e66d23f7b35a1284bd9f.jpg

4 hours ago, Greg Shaw said:

Hello 

I use something similar for my Samyang 135mm f/2 lens and it works really well, especially when use a Bahtinof mask on the lens as well.

This was a 3d printed version that I got on Ebay specially made from the lens, but the ones you have posted look like they work in a similar way.

You have to get the focus close, then tighten the band that is on the focus ring. Then you can make fine adjustments using the small screw on the focuser. Because the ring is fixed and controlled with a screw the focus is effectively locked in place once set.

IMG_6990.thumb.jpg.bf5c5c16d742eec983935b37f7c2a1c8.jpgIMG_6988.thumb.jpg.111d1bcd0a077e3f39d4f9f7f95464d0.jpgIMG_6989.thumb.jpg.270fe032cfb3e66d23f7b35a1284bd9f.jpg

Looks good. I was thinking about buying the one I linked but then reading the reviews it seems it's made out of some softish metal so the threads are a bit on the loose side. Making it not that good. 

I like the look of the one you have shown so I will keep my eye out. Failing that I will have a go at making my own. I have plenty of bits at home that I could maybe knock something up.