Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Advice on selling before I place an ad

Hello all.

I'm looking to sell my Skywatcher 200EP purchased Dec 2012. I have upgraded the focuser to a dual speed Crayford and added the EQ5 GOTO drive, with the Skywatcher power pack. I think all in all I must have spent about £1200 on it. It hasn't been used as much as it should be (hence the sale) and so I consider it to be in immaculate condition.

My question is how to go about selling it - all in one or separate from accessories, and what is a fair price?

Thanks for any guidance.

Mark

You would definitely get more of your investment back by selling items separately but it might take longer and there's the postage costs as well. I've just grown accustomed to loosing money on astro-gear full stop. I dread to think how much over the years. 

Current listings at FLO;

200p EQ5 Pro Goto     £779

Crayford                      £115

Power Tank                   £99

Total                           £993

I would ask for £700 , collected, including the stock eyepieces.

Normally I think 70% of current price is a bit optimistic for 8 year-old kit even in vgc, but with most dealers short of stock it's a bit of a sellers market, and the 200p EQ5 Goto combo is very popular, so it  should be ok.

If it doesn't move quickly on SGL you could put it on UKABS as well, where there is more traffic.

Good luck!

Edited by lenscap