Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY5 111-178 problems!

Radec

This is a weird one!
I have two QHY5-111 178 cameras - one mono and one colour. I use Sharpcap Pro V3.2.6433 and W10
The mono camera is recognised, frame rate around 50fps and the black screen goes bright white when I remove the sensor cap.
The colour camera is recognised, frame rate around 25fps (because it's colour) but the screen remains black when the cap is removed from the sensor.

The camera was sent back to QHY and they 'repaired' it but I have no idea what they did. When it came back, it was the same. Modern Astronomy have sent me a brand new one to test - same thing happens!

It can't be that two cameras are faulty. I have updated all the QHY software using they 'one stop package' and the mono version still works fine as before.

I downloaded the EZCAP 64bit software (I hate using this) but guess what - both the colour and mono cameras register an image by turning the preview screen white.

So - I am a loss as to what the problem is. Why would the mono work in SCPro but not the colour. I have tried lots of various exposure/gain/offset/usb settings, all to no avail.

Any thoughts please help!
Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I also posted on the SharpCap forum.

Robin replied that it's a case of the previous settings from the camera being retained and needing clearing with the new version.

Opening the camera while holding down CTRL totally worked and the QHY5 is working fine again now.

Jeez....!