NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What is the guide rate for star adventurer ?

Hi All

I’m new to PHD2

i got a ZWO asi120mm mini  camera to use for guiding my star adventurer with PHD2

Can someone please tell me what the guiding rate is for star adventurer? (0.5X? 1X? ) Is it adjustable, and how? I don’t see anything mentioned in the SA manual

In the PHD2 manual I read that PhD2 does not set the guide rate. It just “reads” it  from the mount. But I don’t see it listed anywhere in PHD2... 

There is a camera exposure in PhD2 , like 1s,2s etc but my understanding is that this just affects the display of the guiding stars. Am I correct? 
I also see the MX RA (default is 2500ms)

Where do I read or set the guide rate ?
I appreciate any input ! 

• 2 weeks later...

From memory - it has been a while since I used mine - you don't set the guide rate, at least I don't ever remember doing so (but again, it has been a while since I used mine!)

The exposure time is the exposure time of the guide star. The longer this exposure, the brighter the stars will be but the risk is that your target has drifted too far. 

MX RA = Max RA - the maximum correction that PHD2 will send to the mount - even if the calculated time is more than 2500ms (2.5s), it will be capped to this.

I came across this wile trying to remember about the guide rate... http://www.octanslab.com/2018/09/01/phd2-guiding-with-star-adventurer-mount/

Will be useful for myself too!!