NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Summer lightning

lee g

Got up at 2a.m. This morning to grab a look at mars and boy was it hot.

I live in Norwich UK and I could see a constant flashing in the sky but I couldn’t see the source, so I crept upstairs to get a higher vantage point and there low in the south moving slowly east was a distant mass of slow moving cloud. It was honestly like something from The War of the worlds. At first I thought it was low cloud being illuminated by lights below as it was so impressive. There was no sound just a constant flashing. 
It was so impressive that I woke my wife and daughter and they were equally blown away by what could only have been a superb display of summer lightning or heat lightning.

Mars was a treat but this was totally unexpected and the perfect accompaniment on a hot summer’s evening 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, andy fearn said:

Nice. A pity no pics or video.

Yeah I got a view clips on my phone but they really didn’t do it justice it’s always the same when you see something awesome you wish the whole world was there  watching with you