My SharpCap Status Bar has gone AWOL!

Rusted

This is driving me nuts! :wacko:

My SharpCap Status Bar has suddenly gone missing! :crybaby2:
Is there a Capture Status Bar on/off button?

I have searched about it online using different terms.
Endlessly gone through the manuals, etc. etc.
Forum threads about it going off track before it was solved. :BangHead:
I've tried everything! Hours and hours wasted and it's 90F in the dome!
Uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version twice!

The STATUS BAR is supposed to stretch right across the bottom of the SharpCap page.  Gives you a live update on capture progress, frames, etc.  And there it was... gone!  :shocked:  

Help? :help2: Pretty please?

11 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

try cleaning out "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\SharpCap\CaptureProfiles" and re-create your profile

Thanks, but this is an area beyond my usual comfort zone. So I had to do some homework.

After a quick bit of Google research I found the relevant "autosaved camera files."

When you say "clean out" do I simply delete them? Delete them all?

Then, how do I "recreate my [SharpCap] profile?"

Is it as simple as reopening SharpCap and plugging in the ZWO '184?

Thanks again

An Update: The problem seems to be one of screen resolution and size.
The Data Bar came back when I deleted the '174 file.
But it was still falling off the bottom of the screen.
If I hit F11 for Full Screen in SharpCap I get the Data Bar back but lose everything above the image capture window!

I'm using a medium res high res AOC monitor with a high res laptop via HDMI.
I have tried adjusting the Windows display settings but nothing really helps.
It's either or. No idea why anything has changed. I've been using this same set up for ages.

Thanks.

I have downloaded the latest ZWO driver but it made no obvious difference to SharpCap.

I tried the different resolutions and window sizes but nothing made the Data Bar return to normal.
It used to stretch right over to the right side where a green countdown bar was visible.
There is nothing there at all even when I do get the Data Bar back below the capture window. But nothing above.

4 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

I meant windows video\screen drivers and is SharpCap the latest version (3.2.6383.0) ?? 

Thanks or your patience.
You'll have to forgive my ignorance of these matters.

I have W10 on auto-update. I presume that takes care of drivers as well?
Have never tried an AOC driver update. Something to look into.

I have downloaded and installed the latest SharpCap twice after uninstalling. It didn't help.

The Data Bar is still there, teasing me on on my PC indoors, but not on the imaging laptop.

Yes, a Win 10 update, will also update default system drivers, usually including hardware drivers, if you've enabled them, and for your info, there has been a large update recently issued to version 2004.

To find out which version you have, if you right click on the "Window" icon, and select "run". In the Open: box, type winver, which should then open an About Windows display box.

• Like 1

Why ??  I've not had any issues installing 2004 on 3 desktops, 2 laptops & 3 mini terminals (both Workstation Pro & Server ) .... 

also just remember to check than the USB ports haven't reverted to 'sleep' mode...