Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dragonfly controller

Typhoon

Hi,

I would like to test the Dragonfly controller before installed in the observatory but I have some doubts that I’m not able to see in the manuals.

The Dragonfly has a RJ45 network plug but also has USB plugs can I used anyone to communicate with PC?

How is the set up of Dragon and PC to comunicate each other?

What I have to program to wake up the computer with the Dragon if the PC is switch off with the network??

If anyone can help me I would appreciate thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

The DF is connected to your router and sits on the same network as your PC. You don't need to directly connect the PC to the DF. 

For remote booting of your PC, I would recommend using the Wake on Lan capability (if its a Windows machine); I wouldn't bother using the DF for this. There are many apps that allow you to conveniently set up a shortcut on another computer (you simply need to enable WOL on your observatory PC and then use the provide the app of your choice with its MAC address). 

Simon