Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synscan WiFi/Skysafari on Android

Hi

I hope this isn't a glimpse of the blindingly obvious to all of you.

Synscan WiFi arrived yesterday. Loaded the Synscan Pro software onto Android tablet and it worked - at least using Synscan Pro to control the mount. BUT would not connect using Skysafari (mount set to Skywatcher Synscan). After a fair number of hours of fiddling and on internet I saw someone indicate 'split screen mode'. Tried it and all now is fine! It seems that  - and I am no computer expert - that opening SF shuts down Synscan Pro, but in split screen mode they both run. If anyone knows of another method I would be most grateful to hear.

Now going to try to connect the android tablet with Synscan to my iPad Mini with SS - no luck so far but other people have done it Tips anyone?.

Thank you

Not my experience of Synscan app+Skysafari and Android. So suspect something is a little incorrect in your set up.

Android keeps both the Syncan app and Skysafari running. I believe that it is iPad that when you bring up Skysafari that it shuts down Synscan. People say that you can run one or the other but not both.

When you brought up Skysafari did you click "Connect" ? It is not an overly obvious button down at the bottom of the screen.

I assume that you did perform the goto alignment with the Synscan app before attempting to connect the Skysafari. I believe that the mount has to be aligned first by the Synscan app. Then the mount will know where and at what it is pointed. Then when Skysafari is connected I believe that the Synscan tells Skysafari on what it is centred, the last star of the alignment, and the 2 are in effect then synchronised. Well that is what appears to happen with mine.

Find it difficult to say detail as mine just "connects" with minimal input from myself.

Thank you for your reply. Just folowed your instructions

Connected mount to Synscan wifi. Did a 1 star alignment - Vega. Went fine and said aligned - pressed 'star mark'. Opened Skysafari - reticule centered on Vega. Very shortly after message basically comes up, 'Scope not responding': it disconnects and asks to connect again. It won't. Synscan clearly sends the message to SS but then disconnects.

I'm using a Huawei tablet.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Whether Android keeps the App going may depend on the Battery optimisation settings, so if you go into the System settings for the SynScan  app, via the main system menu, you should be able to turn off optimisation and keep it running in the background.

Edited by Gfamily