NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

help regards a mount

hi all im returning back to astronamy after some years away

i have just ordered a PDS 130 scope i have already been reading up and seems a good start

but im stuck on the mount i nearly bought the EQ3 pro synscan goto to get started and upgrade the legs

but ive realised its as cheap to buy a Sky-Watcher EQ5 PRO Go-To Astronomy Mount

would that be the better option for light photography if possible just i notice everyone goes with the HEQ5

so im getting a bit confused will i be able to get going with the Sky-Watcher EQ5 PRO Go-To Astronomy Mount

funds i dont really have to buy a HEQ5 anyone with experience of the eq5 would be nice

any help appreiciated as im looking to buy and hopefully get started soon thanks

The EQ5 will be great for your scope, the GoTo is good and it will track well for AP. However if you can afford it, you may want to consider the HEQ5 just to future proof yourself. If you decide to upgrade to a heavier scope in the future the EQ5 will not cut it, you’ll be saving money in the long run 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jiggy 67 said:

The EQ5 will be great for your scope, the GoTo is good and it will track well for AP. However if you can afford it, you may want to consider the HEQ5 just to future proof yourself. If you decide to upgrade to a heavier scope and equipment  in the future the EQ5 will not cut it, you’ll be saving money in the long run 

16 minutes ago, Jiggy 67 said:

The EQ5 will be great for your scope, the GoTo is good and it will track well for AP. However if you can afford it, you may want to consider the HEQ5 just to future proof yourself. If you decide to upgrade to a heavier scope in the future the EQ5 will not cut it, you’ll be saving money in the long run 

Thanks jiggy my main concern was would it track aswell as the EQ3 as ive seen people get by with those

with good results and ive just spotted the eq5 so

i wasnt sure if the EQ5  was on the same basis as the eq3 the motors look different but the legs look sturdy

and as regards upping my scope size i think if i ever did change scope it would be to a small refractor

i think if i got a big scope that would only be for planets and happy to manually track

your post gives me hope to get going again soon i just didnt want to rush and purchase thanks for the post

• Like 1