NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky-Watcher Evostar ED APO 72mm f/5.8 Refractor

Does anyone have any experience with this scope for imaging? I feel as if this would be the perfect focal length for my new ASI183GT. Seems to have a decent focuser also (dual speed 2” Crayford). It will be mounted on an EQ6-R Pro.

Edited by Jpr78

1 hour ago, simmo39 said:

I have one of these scopes and use it for imaging ( when weather lets me and it get dark a bit earlier ) I have found it v good and have stopped using  my old SW 130 pds.  I would recomend it.

How is the build quality? Is the crayford focuser nice and solid? 

7 hours ago, Jpr78 said:

How is the build quality? Is the crayford focuser nice and solid? 

Hi, build quality seems good to me. Im sure out there you can get bget better built scopes but you will be paying a lot more for them. As for the focuser its smooth and holds my ASI 1600, filter wheel and CC no probs but i must admit here that i added a motor focuser to mine, hope this helps.

Thanks guys. I ended up going with the Sky-Watcher EvoStar 80mm f/7.5 Doublet APO Refractor and picked up a corrector/.85 reducer. Felt like that would give me more option as far as focal length and better glass. It also came with some freebies =). I figured the extra few hundred was worth the spend now instead of wishing I had spent it later on.

• Like 1