NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Comet C/2020 F3 NEOWISE

I was using my little Heritage 130P this evening, hunting down the comet from quite light polluted skies at home. I could no longer see it with the naked eye, but using SkySafari for position I got the scope on it quite easily.

These shots were taken using an iPhone 11 Pro attached to. 24mm Panoptic using a Televue Fonemate. Note that the Panoptic needs the diopter adaptor in order to work with the Fonemate.

I used ProCam 7 to take the image using a 1 second exposure; any more and the LP just took over. The first shot is unprocessed, the second is after a crop and tweak in PS Express.

00F8D09C-473A-45C1-9378-CCB8F48D956D.jpeg

7D5214EC-D593-47D4-A457-DF8FF05787F2.jpeg

• Like 3

It’s very green now isn’t it! I had a bit of an embarrassment yesterday evening trying to show it to some curious passers by. I found it in my binoculars easy enough but just couldn’t pinpoint it with the scope 😞 Tonight the clouds rolled in from that direction before I had a chance and forecast is poor for foreseeable so i guess it’s bye bye Neowise- was great while it lasted though 

Edited by markse68

Yes, very green, it’s quite obvious visually and more so in images.

it can be tricky to get it in the scope when it’s not visible to the naked eye. SkySafari really helps!