Stc Duo Narrowband Filter and Asi2600mc

Allinthehead

Hi all, this is just a quick process of what i got last night. First light with the Stc Duo filter and my Asi2600mc. This is just 3 hours in 3 minute subs at gain 100. No calibration yet and a very quick process. I got 8 hrs a couple of years ago with a 5nm Astrodon Ha and 3nm Oiii with the mono Asi1600 and this beats it with only three hours and no astro dark. There is a halo on some of the brighter stars caused by the filter but it's not too bad. Great potential i think.

960910332_veil-3-Starlessfinal2.thumb.jpg.38bef410ee8226c24dbd782f2506cd6d.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Have you sorted the floppiness in the primary?

Yes stuck some small felt pads between the front of the mirror and the carrier, there is a ring of felt all round but nowhere thick enough to hold the mirror back and can't get the cell apart as it appears to be glued and screwed together.

Still fixing other stuff on it, the primary adjustment screws are mismatched, either the adjusting ones are too short or the locking ones are too long so I've replaced the locking ones with shorter ones now need to fit something where the locking screws contact the rear of the mirror cell as, being metal to metal, they simply chew up the aluminium and are no doubt sprinkling aluminium filings into the scope, a guy on CN replaced them with poly acetal ended screws but I can only find them in the USA and they're out of stock.

This scope is now turning into a hobby within a hobby 😂