Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

webcam & tablet advice...

Has anyone connected a webcam to an Android OS tablet or phone?

I am thinking it would be a good idea for public outreach/star party.

The webcam is the Phillips Toucam Pro ll and the tablet is an Asus Nexus.
I have an OTG cable; but unsure what app would be the best one to use,
preferably ad-free. 

I looked at this app... OTG View https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dingtai.snakecamera
It looked promising and ticked all the boxes; but says it is incompatible with my tablet. 

UPDATE...

Found OTG View v2.0 (the current release is v3.7), the day before yesterday on https://apkpure.com/otg-view/com.dingtai.snakecamera as the site has older versions of Android apps, so I downloaded and installed it... the Phillips Toucam Pro ll LED lights up when connected to my tablet and app; but nothing showing up on the tablet display when I run the app. BTW - my tablet is running Android v5.1.1 'Lollipop'- (I know it is an old version of the Android OS); but it does what I need for the time being. Does anyone have any ideas? - according to Google and Nexus; I cannot update the tablet OS to anything 'newer'. 

I may have to 'bite the bullet' and resurrect an old Compaq Armada laptop and re-install WinXP pro & SP3.