Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AC-DC Adapter

Good day Folks, my AZ-EQ6 pro mount should be arriving back from the company I purchased it from this week (mount not tracking in AZ Mode).  They couldn't find anything wrong with the mount. They think it might be the power supply (AC-DC Adapter) I am using . What would anyone recommend for a AC-DC Adapter that will work with this mount. Please keep in mind that I live in the US and we use 120VAC here. Thank you all for your assistance in this matter.

Regards, Pappy

Might be useful for you to tell us exactly what you were originally using.

Was it supplied with the mount. The adapter should list its voltage and current rating.

A photo of the adapter may help.

Have you tried using a leisure battery rather than a mains supply , the 13.8 nominal volts is better than a 12v supply.

I upgraded to a regulated linear 13.8v lab supply and this has solved the issues I had with the power brick type adapter I used at first (on a NEQ6 pro) where the power light would flicker as the mount slewed showing undervoltage issues when I extended the 12 v line out into the garden.

(keeping the mains unit dry indoors).

This supply now powers everything in my ROR garden observatory.

80477791.jpg

Edited by fifeskies

+ one for a 13.8 volt supply.

I use this one, rated at 15 amps and it runs my Alt Az EQ6, camera (via a buck converter), camera cooler, dew heaters (when required) and USB hub with hardly any voltage drop.  Something similar must be available in the USA?

Plug top adapters can be very dubious bits of kit.

Buy a decent bench top supply (like those shown above) and you can't go wrong.
These are usually intended for expensive radio equipment and able to provide much more power than a scope mount needs.

A good supply considered against the cost of toasted scope electronics.....

HTH, David.