Feather Touch 3545

Hi all,

Have just bought a scope with a Feather Touch 3545 in need of some attention. The pinion shaft is bent, about 3/4" from the non-reduction end, and the fixed knob turns eccentrically. I've contacted FT, who won't provide a replacement, but instead want me to send the thing to the US for repair, when I'm perfectly capable of simply replacing the bent shaft. The rest of the shaft runs true, with no distortion that I can either see or feel, so in a sense it's a cosmetic issue.

A second problem, purely cosmetic, is that the collar on the end of the draw-tube has had a bash at some point. I've asked twice about a replacement but my questions have been ignored.

Is there anyone in the UK who could help with this, without the need to go through FT, who haven't been able to help?

TMB130SS - 1.jpg

Hi,

im sure if you removed the old shaft,  and find the  exact diameter, you can source a new one, I did for a moonlite one a few years back, I just had to cut it to length...
As for the damage to the collar....I’m not sure on that, other than replace it with a new one... 😀

Thanks - I'd hoped that I could do just this, but the shaft's firmly attached to a knurled collar that engages with the draw-tube, a closed ball race, and a planetary ball race basket at one end. More complicated than I thought, but doable. FT flatly refuse to sell just the replacement part, though, and insist that I send it for repair, because it's too difficult for me, even though I've told them I've engineering training. It seems there's no option.

Agreed! I want to replace the collar, but FT keep ignoring the question... It's only cosmetic anyway. I can't believe how difficult this is being made by the manufacturer, I'd have thought twice about buying the scope had I known.