Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Image flips in APT when using framing mask

johneta

Has anyone had this.
Im using framing mask to line up a new image with a previous night.
Its close and I need to rotate the camera. I rotate it and take a test shot. It rotates a little, and then when I go past a certain point, the image that comes up after I take the shot is flipped.
So I have to tick Meridian flip on the Framing mask box so the framing mask is oriented correctly. now if I rotate the camera  backwards, the image flips the other way, so I have to untick the meridian flip on framing mask to get orientation right again. It gets confusing!!
Does anyone know why this happens.
Im using a Canon 1200d and the menu on the camera is set to not auto rotate image

Edited by johneta

There is an option within APT that can flip images. Go into "Img" (very top right) and then then "preview effects". This should then give the option to click flip horizontal/vertical.

Cant imagine why it is happening. Must be something to so with the program trying the best way to fit the image in the preview box.

• 2 months later...

Solved this to some extent. Canon RAW EXIF data (with orientation on it) is odd or APT has trouble interpreting it according to APT forum.

I hope they can fix it, but a work around is to set image save to L+RAW in APT and this stops the image from rotating.
perhaps the correct orientation is attached to the jpeg?  It works, but you do need to delete all the jpegs from the folder when you are done, and if you look through the image folder on the imaging night then you have to wade through all the unnecessary jpegs that you have saved.

• 3 weeks later...