Problems with QHY5LII Camera

Somerled7

I have a QHY5LII Colour camera which I was using for guiding a couple of years ago.  I've recently re-started Astro-photography with a new laptop, but am now having problems getting the camera to run.  Both laptops are running identical versions of Windows 10.  On the older laptop (which runs OK) I have  QHY drivers dated 23/04/15.  Sharp Cap, EZPlanetary and PHD all run fine with the camera connected to either USB2 or USB3 sockets.  On my new laptop (USB3 only), I have tried QHY drivers dated 12/12/14 (from the original disc with the camera) and also drivers from 23/04/15 and 19/05/16 from the QHY website.  SharpCap runs OK on my new laptop, which shows the camera can work, however EZPlanetary runs for maybe 30seconds and then locks up, and PHD runs without reporting errors, but shows a white image with a few speckles that never changes even when I cover the camera - that's during the day, I haven't tried it at night yet.  I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do next.  I could continue to use my old laptop, but it's a bit slow, so any suggestions welcome. (PS - I'm not up to using ASCOM drivers yet - that adds a whole extra layer of complication!)     

• 2 weeks later...