Tripod recommendations

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone can recommend a good tripod? I spent £70 quid for one off Amazon, but I am already seeing why spending a lot more maybe better. Once polar aligned I dont even trust myself moving the camera too far as its ruins my alignment. I can only assume this is because I was too tight on one of the most important parts! I will be using this for my ioptron skyguider pro and 14mm lens on dslr for Milky Way shots, but  I also have the redcat which I will use on it for deeper sky. Ideally I want fairly lightweight as I will be going places as my back garden does not have good nightscape options or long enough exposure time due to other houses and trees. I understand weight and sturdiness is a trade off. Ideally I dont want to break the bank either. Preferably I would just have one tripod, but it maybe that I need a lighter one just for dslr and sturdier one for the redcat?  Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Clear skies! Thanks all.

I use the skywatcher 1.75" tripod

This one https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/skyWatcher-stainless-steel-tripod.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw5vz2BRAtEiwAbcVIL74_xoCcXlaL3wSHCbN_WUWc0Qt5fp8o3yGK_3_S2Dfngsh2HEbHBhoCX_UQAvD_BwE

I went from an Amazon special which had a lot of flex in it to the skywatcher one that could hold up a buffalo.

Edited by Chefgage
  • Like 1