Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher 130pds carrying case

Hi Folks, 

Quick question, sorry if this is not in the right section. I figured that the 130pds is a favourite for imagers, so opted to place it here. 

Probably been asked a hundred times before, but can anyone recommend a soft case (as apposed to flight type case) for the 130pds.

I tend to load all my kit onto a festival trolly and pull it to a dark field not too far from home, up until now I've used a small refractor but have a 130pds on order ready for the autumn. The refractor fits in a small padded case on the trolly but I'm going to have to carry the 130 over my shoulder or on my back. 

Thanks for your help. 

All the best 

Simon 

Hi Simon,

I recently purchased an Oklop bag for my 150 PDS and I am happy with it.

I am pretty sure they do a 130/650 newtonian bag which should fit your 130 PDS.

Regards,

Jon

I used a TS Optics bag from Amazon for our original scope (a 130 EQM) & after we sold the scope I've continued to use it with a 130pds with lots of bubble wrap to pad out the extra space.

For our SW200dps I got a Geoptik bag from Rother Valley Optics. Initially I though this was better, but recently I've noticed that it sheds fibres:- https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/search/for/geoptik+padded+case/

Cheers
Ivor