Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45 - Pleaides

SyedT

From the archive! Took this LRGB image a year and a half ago when I still had a QHY163M. Ended up getting 3h of Lum, 1h RGB each; wanted a lot more data, but lack of clear nights/work didn't help. Made a good combination with the FSQ85-EDX and Chroma LRGB filters. I've done the bare minimum of processing here as I feel the "natural" look is much better. Becoming a big fan of the Topaz Denoise program, the AI does an excellent job.

RGB_DBE-denoise-denoise.thumb.png.0461d60b1ba3ae8191c0f312bc88b165.png

• Like 7

15 hours ago, MarkAR said:

Great image, it's lovely seeing the nebulosity around the Pleides.

Thanks Mark! M45, alongside the Orion/Monoceros constellation's gems have been something I've not had much success with, usually due to a combination of weather, a bright streetlamp in the way and the objects rising only for a while before disappearing behind the house. Now that I've got a setup which I can safely say I'll be keeping for a while, I'm all set to do these objects justice this coming winter. :)

49 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

That's lovely, very natural looking. Great depth to the image.

Big compliment coming from yourself Richard! I've previously overcooked a lot of images, and found that with some restraint I can actually manage relatively natural looking images. The M101 I posted was the first time where I felt I had done some degree of justice to keeping it looking as natural as possible.