Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Filter adaptor advise

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a way of using 2" filters with a DSLR and standard lens?

As i am wanting to buy some new filters and rather then having to buy clip filters then 2" filters when i upgrade to a colour CMOS i would prefer to buy one set of filter i can use with both.

If that makes sense

Do you mean in front of the DSLR lens?

I know that there are step-down rings for use with the Star Analyser 100/200. Mine is Nikon and I ordered a 52mm to 1.25" one from https://www.adrianololli.com/index.asp though not sure whether they do a 2" one as I have not visited the site for some
time. Most other sites only kept stock of 58mm to 1.25" and therefore that meant an additional 58mm to 52mm step-down ring.

I think I may have seen step-down rings that can be adapted on a well known auction site and the one that shares its name
with a South American river or rainforest, or other, but cannot be 100% certain, as it was a long time ago. 

15 hours ago, ebdons said:

Ah yes! ...That is was what I had seen; but could not remember where I had seen it.

Thank you @ebdons for 'jogging' my ageing memory cell.