Venus May 8th

Tommohawk

My latest and probably last go at Venus - trying to find something in the UV but nothing doing! I didnt even sharpen this as I could see no detail whatsoever. Seing wasnt great even though decent elevation - over 40 degrees.

Pretty perhaps, but no detail! PDS200 with  powermate x5, ASI 290 RGUv. Lots of frames in R and G, not so many in Uv. This is untweaked - just the RG and UV put together in PS and the nasty UV smear/ring removed.

One thing I did discover which I'd never noticed previously is that the histo changes markedly when going from full frame to ROI. I guess you can see why, but never noticed it before. I think  this is why I had issues with my histo setting previously esp in UV. I must have been setting this before getting ROI set. Another lesson learned - and likely forgotten by the time Mars gets here!

RGB.png.bdb613c8e6c05bb2de94dccc4d2ebfe1.png

• Like 2