Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hunting Minor Planetary Bodies (video)

Galen Gilmore

I wasn't sure exactly where I should put this, so I put it here. Mods feel free to move it if you feel it belongs somewhere else.

I have started a project to see if I can find an asteroid, comet, or dwarf planet using only my own equipment, and no prior knowledge of the locations of said objects. Mind you I don't want to discover one, that would be out of the reach of my equipment.

To document my progress I have decided to make a series of Youtube videos that shows what I am doing, why I am doing it, and what I am learning. It has been a while since I have done any astronomy, or been on camera, so I hope I'm not embarrassing myself too much with this, as everything I recorded was done in the moment with no script or anything.

Thanks for checking it out, if anybody has any tips or anything for me, feel free to tell me.

edit: I just realized I have a typo in the video, please ignore that...

Edited by Galen Gilmore