NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The next step

After a recent sale I have some money burning a small hole in my pocket and I'm torn between 2 decisions. 

First a little background. I currently image with an flt98, 0.8x Reducer, QHY183M camera and astrodon lrgb, 3nm Ha and 5nm O111 filters. I already own a qhy183c camera aswell that's not really getting used since I bought the mono camera. All this is mounted on my neq6. 

Do I go for a second scope so I can image in rgb and luminance at the same time? Or do I complete my set of astrodon filters with the 5nm S11? 

I have a dual mounting bar and skywatcher guide scope mount, so aligning the 2 scopes eont be too difficult, especially if the 2nd scope is a lightweight triplet. 

I'm considering the orion cf 80 that's in the classifieds, although slightly out of budget. But almost £400 for a new S11 filter isn't easily done. 

What do you guys think?