NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Protective T-Ring for Canon EOS

I’ve just gotten this to attach my Canon DSLR to my refractor. I got the version with the clear filter. When I opened it there was a rubber band going across the front of the filter. I think this is the temperature compensation ring. I’m not sure what to do with this. It’s quite small making it tricky to get around the filter without it coming off as soon as I try to put it in the t-ring. The instructions make it sound like it should lie on top but it’s too small to do that. Can anyone help with what I should be doing with this please?

image.thumb.jpg.91da7d513a2c186b0a3ae45f1184fc23.jpg

According to the manual:

To change the filter, loosen the 6 screws on the side of the unit. Then tilt the body of the
Protective T-ring carefully forward and take out the built-in 50.4mm filter and the Delrin
temperature compensation ring. Now insert another 50.4mm filter and place the temperature
compensation ring on top of it. Now put either the S52/M48 ring or the S52/2" connector socket
into the body and fasten the unit together by means of the 6 Allen screws. Here, S52 is a
description of the diameter of the retaining cone which is clamped in place by means of the 6
screws.

The thing thjnat caughtg me out was this:

The FILTER SHOULD .RATTLE.! This is not a defect. The slight looseness of the filter in the
mounting is very small and serves to protect the filter against stress. This minimal play will not
affect the image position.

I thought mine was broken.....

• Like 1

Thank you. Yeah, the rattle concerned me until I read that. It just doesn’t quite make sense. It’s diameter is too small to put lay it on top the filter as the instructions to seem to imply. How have you got this ring placed on yours?