NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Good Guide Scopes For RedCat 51

I use the above combination with a light weight Samyang 135mm + ASI1600 combination. The mini guide system works very well but I did find it quite tricky to get an acceptable level of focus with the guide scope. The focus ring and locking arrangement is ok but I found it requires patience and persistence to focus well. Once focussed and locked off it works very well.

Adrian

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

I use the above combination with a light weight Samyang 135mm + ASI1600 combination. The mini guide system works very well but I did find it quite tricky to get an acceptable level of focus with the guide scope. The focus ring and locking arrangement is ok but I found it requires patience and persistence to focus well. Once focussed and locked off it works very well.

Adrian

Is it easy to pick out the stars to track with it?

5 minutes ago, ThomasF1234 said:

Is it easy to pick out the stars to track with it?

Well I've used it with PHD2 and it seems to work just fine either with self picking the guide star or letting PHD2 auto pick. In the end I used SharpCap to help me focus the mini guider. All I found was that when you found the best focus position the process of 'locking off' could alter it again; it just took a bit of patience and persistence to get it sorted. No doubt about the fact that it works and it is definitely light weight and easy to mount.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

Well I've used it with PHD2 and it seems to work just fine either with self picking the guide star or letting PHD2 auto pick. In the end I used SharpCap to help me focus the mini guider. All I found was that when you found the best focus position the process of 'locking off' could alter it again; it just took a bit of patience and persistence to get it sorted. No doubt about the fact that it works and it is definitely light weight and easy to mount.

Thank you for your help :)

• Like 1