NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Guidescope + Lodestar X2

Somewhat unexpectedly I've just picked up a second-hand Lodestar X2 - I already have one with my existing set-up and find it to be excellent.  I purchased the addtional camera to go with a widefield Samyang 135 rig  I'm curently setting up and want to use it with a suitable guidescope.  Now I've got the Lodestar x2 (I had intended using my ZWO 120MM and a mini guidescope like the ZWO) I'm now considering either another Willam Optics 50mm guidescope, which I currently use, or a SW Evoguide 50.

Would appreciate any comments on the pros and cons of either, obviously I know the WO but is the SW Evoguide a better choice +and from first hand experience how does it the Evoguide work with the Lodestar? 

Graham

• Like 1

All I can contribute is that  the Evoguide 50ED   works very well with a ZWO 120MM   when imaging  with my SW 250mm Quattro (with small chip Atik414ex).

The focus on the Evoguide is very finely threaded, and you seem to have to rotate it several times before the stars go out of focus.   It has the distinct advantage of being small but with enough aperture, light weight, high quality and fits into a regular finder bracket.   

Sean.