Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My EAA setups + my SLooh subscription

OregonEAA

I live near Portland, Oregon under Bortle 6 skies and @70 have gone completely EAA after 15+ years of visual in this location (I do still (but not this year) go to star parties in very dark Oregon skies). My EAA setups are a Sirius (SW) EQ-AZ mount with Starsense which I mount with either or both a C8 and ES102 (4" triplet) and a Celestron C5 on a SE 6/8 Nexstar mount. I use a laptop  running Ascom with SkyTools v4 visual and imaging and SharpCap for capture with plate solving all over wifi to my 4K tv and 1080P wide screen. Cameras are : ZWO 224 & 294 as well as Panasonic G9 and Gx8 both 20 mpx M43 cameras using the SharpCaps watch folder through Tethering. Due to the C19 staycation I have subscribed to Slooh for a year. Second time on Slooh but had to take a break when developing my own EAA system. But I have a limited view at my house and Slooh opens up the southern skies to me.

I will be posting here links to live EAA runs on Zoom/YouTube as well as screen capture videos. 

Attached is M20 done on a long capture (a Slooh group image) from last night in the Carnary Island locations. Hopefully you will see mostly Herschel objects as I attempt the complete 2478 +- a few over the next few years. Always looking for advice and help in this endeavor.

Also Hickson 68 (part of a galaxy cluster) with a single 5 minute (actually 1 minute for Each filter LRGB) from the Canary Islands as a test image. Here is a link to some research on Hickson 68.

m20_20200428_040156_3_obbyi2_lrgb.png

hickson68_20200428_015517_0_tfeuva_l (1).png

• Like 4