Pentax J60 Frac. Any owners in here ?

Hi all.  As I’m doing a bit of t’internet surfing I’ve come across this scope. 
Any current or previous owners on SGL ? 
Im presuming from the age pre 1.25 EP era. 
Looks total grab and go but and good ??  
Being a bad boy as it’s not really required - but ! 

John 

Edited by Telescope40

Hi John,

Pentax made both 80mm (J80) and 60mm (J60) achromats in the 1980s, made in Japan of course.

I owned a J80 and it was a truly superb achromat..we all say we have scopes we regretted selling, well the J80 was truly one such for me. Mine went to Ant McEwan in Scotland back in 2012.

Here's a link to a post by Ant soon after he acquired the scope, with some nice photos of the scope..

If you search SGL for both Pentax J80 and J60 scopes you'll find a fair few references, quite a number from myself!🙂

HTH, John.

Dave

Edited by F15Rules

2 hours ago, F15Rules said:

Hi John,

Pentax made both 80mm (J80) and 60mm (J60) achromats in the 1980s, made in Japan of course.

I owned a J80 and it was a truly superb achromat..we all say we have scopes we regretted selling, well the J80 was truly one such for me. Mine went to Ant McEwan in Scotland back in 2012.

Here's a link to a post by Ant soon after he acquired the scope, with some nice photos of the scope..

If you search SGL for both Pentax J80 and J60 scopes you'll find a fair few references, quite a number from myself!🙂

HTH, John.

Dave

Hello Dave. Thanks for the reply re this scope. Sounds like a decent model. Were you able to use 1.25 eps with it ? 
I’ve spied one for sale and am tempted. 
Stay safe 

John 

Hi John,

Here's another link to a past thread..

ClassicPentax Refractor..

In the pictures the acoope was definitely set up for 1.25" diagonal and eyepieces. If I recall correctly, the scope originally had 0.965" eps, but like Vixens, the thread on the end of the focuser tube could accept a Vixen 1.24" visual back adapter.

I think you can still get these online.. 

Is it the J60 on fleabay that you're referring to, at £300? If so, I think it is well overpriced..a price of c £150.would be much nearer the Mark, maybe a bit less if it has no eps with it?

I think I sold my bigger J80 for around £280-300..

Cheers

Dave

Dave. 
Thanks again for this. I have seen that scope and price wise I was thinking a bit in the cheeky side. 
No harm with a cheeky offer maybe. 
I’ll mull a bit further. 
I don’t need a third scope. Shud be happy with my current options. 

John