NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I have a ZWO ASI178MM with a 25mm lens which screws into the camera and has a 170degree FOV.

First images

95297686_744849652716485_644481340794103

This is the setup on a Skywatcher tripod , waterproofed with clingfilm.

153259913_FulSkyRain.thumb.jpg.b316b135623c55ea829aa72f02cb2262.jpg

Took this while it was raining today.

1490582231_FullSky.thumb.png.1d89253995c8c20f452426ae754f73ca.png

Taken last night , spots of rain but a bit of sky showed itself , see cropped zoom below.

1494725434_FulSkyZzoom.thumb.png.e2748bd0b3f458f941c129ec86890a24.png

Zoomed in and found a couple of constellations , just waiting for a clear night , probably have to swap it to a different tripod so i cna image with other kit!

Roger

• Like 1

nice experiment Roger, what's the longer term plan for it?

Ideally you'd want it cased with a dome so its weatherproof and mounted higher to get a better view, so long as you're able to data-link to it of course.

5 hours ago, DaveL59 said:

Ideally you'd want it cased with a dome so its weatherproof and mounted higher to get a better view, so long as you're able to data-link to it of course.

Just get meteor showers or maybe that comet that may be visible to the eye,

I am happy with the view if i make it much taller the bloody pidgeons or sea gulls with perch on it as they do with anything tall in garden,🦅

Roger

Edited by apophisOAS
  • Like 1

I've not had that problem so far with the domes on the side of the shed at roof-line, tho I do get insects wander about on them occasionally. Mind I do have 2 cats so birds rarely land in the garden but if they do... they soon scoot off when a pointy-eared prowler gets interested 😉

On 28/04/2020 at 14:28, DaveL59 said:

I got a bespoke Dome on it , but i have to manually remove it.:blob1:🤣🤣🤣

On a more serious note i should have a clear night to focus properly and some sky images tonight.

Roger

95423330_746983815836402_6355018754316828672_n.jpg

Edited by apophisOAS
  • Haha 1

fingers crossed for you on that Roger, here it's clouded over again and was raining a short time ago. Getting focus is the tricky part and for that I have to open the domes and tweak the lens too. Bit of a pain but pretty much once set you can re-seal and forget :) Seems easier that trying to rig a means to adjust by motor depending on what you're after.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveL59 said:

fingers crossed for you on that Roger, here it's clouded over again and was raining a short time ago. Getting focus is the tricky part and for that I have to open the domes and tweak the lens too. Bit of a pain but pretty much once set you can re-seal and forget :) Seems easier that trying to rig a means to adjust by motor depending on what you're after.

Totally clear sky so far and set to continue.

Roger

• Like 1