NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My M3...

City9Town0

Having spent the afternoon yesterday adjusting (and re-adjusting!) the worm drives (thanks to astrobaby guides and the internet) on my HEQ5PRO with marginal success I set up yesterday evening to give it all a whirl.

It was all a bit erratic... and more fettling followed. Still not really satisfied as there are a few 'bite points'. Will be busy trying to improve further today.

I was just checking star alignment and came across M3  on Carte de Ciel (never gone there before and had no idea what it was until I checked on the internet) so had a quick aim and bashed off four 240 second images (16 minute total) via my ED80 and 450D. Blasted through Pixinsight... Result attached...

Thanks to Steppenwolf's post/image and a bit of research I'm pleased/interested enough to want to go back and spend another hour or two imaging it.

(Assuming that the mount behaves!)

M 3 small file.jpg

• Like 6