Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Longitute and latitude settings

Can anyone tell me why I cannot set latitude and longitude coordinates on my Celestron Nextstar8se with StarSense Auto align? I have been trhough meticuclously all the instructions in the booklet but only once was I able to set some reasonably correct coordinates because only once I was given the opportunity to do so. Since that first time, now any time I reset the scope to align there is no option to enter the coordinates and I know the scope is not aligning properly. Time and date are reset correctly each time but the time zone and long and lat cannot be set properly.

Hello there, the SE mount remembers your site (long , lat) so unlike the date / time you do not have to input it each time you use it. However, you can change the long / lat at any time by pressing the menu button on the hand control and selecting the appropriate option. I cant remember what all the options are but I think the one you want is called customise site.

• 1 month later...

Hi, bit late to the topic but I just got mine today and have been setting up. To set latitude and longitude with Starsense, go to Menu / Time and Location and scroll to View/Modify Location then press Enter. When it asks you to set Country / City, press the Option button (the one with the Celestron logo) and it will switch to Lat/Long mode. 

Incidentally, the biggest problem I had was plugging in the connector for the replacement handset - really fiddly :) That and the overcast sky of course! 

Edited by JeffG