Leo Triplet - M65, M66, and NGC 3628

bdlbug

Taken over 2 nights during new moon in March. Total of 4hrs LRGB, Baader filters, using 120s subs at unity gain with ASI1600MM and AT106EDT refractor
Integrated with APP processed initially with PI applying DBE and  a light deconvolution, then into PS for stretch and colour balance etc.. I also tried out a new noise reduction plugIn for Photoshop , Topaz DeNoise AI, which I think works rather well as the 4 hrs of data had considerable noise and this new tool removed it without destroying the detailed structures of the galaxies. I'm using it under the 30 day trial.
I also used IDAS D2 filter as I have just had LED lights installed on the footpath behind my house, seems to be an effective filter for LP.
Thanks for looking as as ever any comments/feedback welcome,
Bryan

1137082956_LeoTripletLRGBDBE_DECONV_FLAT_DENOISE_V10.thumb.png.071b94a3842e38221bd077d7955c987c.png

• Like 15

On subject of Topaz, probably should take this over to the processing section, but just a comment - if its over applied it does generate some strange regular, square, artifacts, across the entire image, either due to the way noise is distributed through the image as I don't dither, or it is a consequence of the way they apply the AI algorithm in overlapping square samples of the image. You can check in PS by applying the equalize function and an regular artifacts are highlighted clearly.
B

• Like 1