Solar Ha Timelapse How-To

I'm not sure if this belongs here or somewhere else. Forgive me if it's in the wrong place, hopefully a moderator can move it to where it belongs.
I had a few people on other forums ask me how I produce my timelapse solar ha videos so I decided today to produce this video showing "my" process. I do not under any circumstances consider myself to be an expert in any of these steps, but it is just how I do it. Hopefully, it comes in handy for any beginners out there. In the YouTube video description there is a table of contents if you want to skip to a particular section of the process.

https://youtu.be/W9LZVOxUsFc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SiriusDoggy said:

I'm not sure if this belongs here or somewhere else. Forgive me if it's in the wrong place, hopefully a moderator can move it to where it belongs.
I had a few people on other forums ask me how I produce my timelapse solar ha videos so I decided today to produce this video showing "my" process. I do not under any circumstances consider myself to be an expert in any of these steps, but it is just how I do it. Hopefully, it comes in handy for any beginners out there. In the YouTube video description there is a table of contents if you want to skip to a particular section of the process.

https://youtu.be/W9LZVOxUsFc

Thanks for this, really helpful.

Unfortunately my newtons rings were much worse than they looked during capture, and now IMPPG wants to align on those rather than the limb.  So I've a few frames to manually align here and then decide how to get rid of the rings.  I took flats, but they werent effective enough.