Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pegasus UPB V2 and Ekos

Hi all, anyone set up a UPB V2 in Ekos?

I'm planning on getting one to tidy everything up but can't really find much on the web about setting it up with Ekos.

Primarily what to put in the Profile in Ekos and do you need to set up the parameters first in the Pegasus software.

Going to attach:

AZ EQ6 Pro

Altair GPCAM3 Guide

SXCCD Trius 194M

SXCCD USB Filterwheel

Lakeside Focuser

2x dew heaters 

Yes, I have the UPB V2 working with ekos...

All you do is choose the Pegasus UPB INdI driver in the auxillary menu in the profile and set it up in INdI control panel, there is a tab for each section of the UPB.., no need to even open any of the windows software first.... 👍

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Thanks Stuart, forgot to say I'm a Mac man.

So simply add it in to the profile in the Auxillary and pick the right driver.

By adding the Pegasus UPB into the auxillary list, that is adding the driver.... 👍

9 hours ago, MarkAR said:

Gotcha. Going to order one now and a mains supply, power tank ran out halfway through tonights session. Not sure it charged properly earlier !

Make sure it’s a good supply, and don’t get the Pegasus one it’s much too expensive, there are much much cheaper ones out there...like this one...

https://www.dewcontrol.com/Mains_Power_Supply_Unit_-_12V_10A/p3099125_19688635.aspx

This is the Pegasus one as you see almost twice the price...but yes it does have correct connector on, the one I linked to above the guy will fit one of those connectors if you ask him....he is a great guy and his name is Tim, drop him an email...or just have it as it comes and use the cable that comes with the UPB....as that has cigar plug on anyway... 

https://www.astroshop.eu/power-supplies/pegasusastro-power-supply-12v-10a-eu-xt60-for-upb-v2-/p,62818

52 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

Yes, but Tim at dew control could put that connector on if you require.... 👍

Handy to know but I'll just use the cigar cable that comes with the Pegasus, it'll give me more length to work with.

Thanks for all your help.

Edited by MarkAR
  • Like 1