SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

It's busy up there...

Ok I finally got round to looking at the individual 9 min subs of M31...

SO here are the first 3 of them - busy up there isn't it...

A low level plane... (or a TIe FIghter....)

11243_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

A Satellite...

11244_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

But Whats this...?

11245_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Did see some very nice metors last night including one which ran W-E just out of the frame tumbling and leaving a trail...

All removed by Median stacking:)

Billy...

Very neat images indeed Peter, the interlopers don't bother me, but getting rid of them is best I suppose. :)

Imaging must be a nightmare for you if your patch of sky is that busy. Soul destroying even.

That third streak is indicative of an Iridium Satellite, but maybe should have been brighter if that is the case.

Ron. :thumbright:

hmmm a bit late for an iridium...

The image was takena at a recorded time of 20:54 on 27/12/08... i'll check the camera clock later to see what the error in time is - it's in the middle of a 4 hour darks run at the moment..I can't remeber if i left it GMT or not...

And all those "objects" are removed when you use median rather than average stacking....provided you have a few clean frames that is....

Billy....

It must have been a relatively low flying aircaft so you have the port and starboard wing tip navigation lights and the roatating red anti collision beacon...on the under side lighting up the engines...and it crossed the FOV with only a single flash.... or for the conspiracy theorists .... its a UFO :)

Billy...

Shots are looking good there Billy. My analysis of the first shot is a twin engine jet going from left to right across frame (red light on steady at port wing, green light on steady at starboard), the orange light in the middle is the underbelly red strobe firing and the two darker blobs to the side of that are the strobe reflecting off the engine nacelles.

Sherlock rests his case.

Archived