Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A change of Scope.

Ciaran Meier

I've a Bresser Messier 102mm refractor which has been mothballed for over a decade.  Decided for no real reason to get reacquainted with the scope and compare it with the 8" newt which replaced it.   Bit of a horlix to be honest.  I couldn't get my head around the mirrored AND rotated image I was seeing in the EP.   With the newt it's all second nature, star hopping through rarefied low mag starfields to get onto even fainter DSO's.  Tonight with the Bresser I couldn't even differentiate Castor from Pollux !!!   Anyhow,  kept at it and enjoyed the scope. The optics seem very good and was really nice splitting a few doubles.  Castor was really nice, AB, C and D no problem.  Capella nice as well.  A few in Auriga too, STF764 and 653.   Was nice also to be sitting at the EP,  more relaxing and less "work".  I think I'll bring it out of retirement after all. 

Hang in there folks. 

Ciaran. 

20200405_100755.jpg

• Like 3