NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

XBox gamepad not recognised in EQmod

phil3

Hi, I connected my xbox 360 gamepad to the laptop but in EQmod under gamepad configuration it is not recognised..  It's a wireless gamepad but also comes with a USB cable.  I've connected it using the USB cable to the laptop, has all the right drivers and is properly recognised in device manager.  But when I open gamepad configuration in EQmod it's like it's not even connected to the laptop.  How do I get EQ mod to recognise the gamepad - is there additional software that I need?

Thanks

Phil

Have you installed the AscomPad software? The Eqmod page doesn't mention Ascompad is needed for gamepad use with Eqmod. I last tried it a few years ago and I'm pretty sure Ascompad was needed then, but whether it still is I'm not sure.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for that -unfortunately it didn't solve the issue.  I downloaded ascompad, when opened it opens the same looking screen that I get in eqmod 'gamepad configuration' but still the gamepad is not recognised.  Worth a go though!

Cheers

Phil

Try posting a message on the EQMod IO forum.

Not all gamepads are compatible with EQMod.

They do say if your game pad is recognised and working on your PC it “should “ work with EQMod.

I use an ol’ Intendo no-frills hand controller - works well for me.

Will do thanks.  I've seen folks use the xbox 360 controller before for this but perhaps the specific one I have here might not be compatible.  Like I say under device manager it does recognise it as "xbox 360 wireless controller via plug & charge kit" and I did update drivers, it said I have the correct drivers for this.  So in theory it is recognised on my laptop.  I also did the same on my PC and that also recognises it.  But nothing comes up under EQmod.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying.  It turns out my gamepad, when connected via USB, was only connected in "charge" mode - so although it appears in device manager it cannot be used.  In wireless mode, it needs a specific dongle.  Anyway, I bought a Sparkfox Atlas Triple mode smart controller gamepad, comes with dongle.  I connected it all up and windows 10 recognised it, EQmod worked just fine and I can now control the scope with that gamepad.

• Like 1