C2017 T2 Panstarrs - Novelty processing

I'm calling this a "novelty processing" technique but probably "comedy processing" would be more accurate.

I've only done one comet before years back and that was with DSLR - I've now switched to mono and I couldn't find any way of stacking all channels aligned. Using DSS I can get a comet stack, and I can get an aligned star stack per channel, but I cant get all channels to align. If I use the red reference frame as a reference frame for the green or blue stacks, it all goes wonky - probably because the red reference time stamp isn't within the green / blue timespan.

If it were a real cracker of a comet I'd maybe stick with it even if it meant some kind of manual stacking but it's not worth it for this. Hopefully Astropixel processor with  have comet stacking built in soon, its been on the list for a while apparently. So - C2017 T2 panstarrs, comet aligned, RGB stars trailing. Any thoughts on better way of processing welcome, but I only have APP and DSS and PS

2070731728_C2017T2PanstarrsRGBtrails.thumb.png.2a90da4edf187fef5a41b33c9f87f36d.png

• Like 4