NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quick, catch that moon!

Yawning Angel

I'm sure we've all had one of those "Crumbs, I didn't realise it had cleared up" moments?

30th March, I'd been bemoaning the weather turning cloudy, as any astronomer would, as I'm always fated to miss the crescent moon. The previous nights had been gloriously clear but she was too far gone behind my house to catch.

But not last night! The sudden realisation from the comfort of the sofa that the clouds had done one, and it was clear! The moon was sitting just a little higher which sent me running to roll the roof off and get going. After some strong words with the mount along the lines of "GMT / BST settings be damned, just get it pointing the right way!" I was able to grab 2000 frames each RG&B with about 10 minutes spare before moon met roofline!

1833626029_Moon30-03-20a.thumb.png.c6d396a46f7dab0478054e1e2f1ec271.png

Not quite the delicate shining sliver of earlier in the week, but its a keeper, I think

• Like 6