NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Soul Nebula

Had a couple of goes at the Soul Nebula, wish I had the money for an apo... this were taken with a 120mm f/5 achromatic refractor, still a work in progress, need to add to the mosaic, but too tired to set up this evening.

combine-RGB-image-lpc-cbg-St-final.thumb.jpg.c941b732519a0fefe05abd9d012e2cd0.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, gilesco said:

LRGBHaOIISIII, 2 x 10 180s frames each filter across 2 sessions

Interesting. You might want to give some thought as to how you are going to combine the data from each filter into your resulting mosaic.

7 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

Interesting. You might want to give some thought as to how you are going to combine the data from each filter into your resulting mosaic.

The software I use has an RGB combine tool, and provides a number of preset combinations to try. I generally try many of them, and then make some minor manual adjustments to try to pull some detail out, without bringing out too many aberrations.