NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M101 Core

Rodd

Just playing...not much else to do.  I managed to add 18 subs to the red stack--so now 58 300 sec subs collected with TOA 130 and asi 1600.  not quite done with the red stack--but i thought this made an inspiring crop.  Still a bit noisy--hence the crop--its the cleanest part of the image.  I am looking forward to finishing this image.  Thanks to a couple clear nights during a gibbous Moon, I have a 90 sub ha stack--so the Ha channel should be nice.

Crop4.jpg.ceee58b09ce1a63f37721cd33cf559cb.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, alan potts said:

Considering that is a crop and I feel quite an aggressive one, it shows how good those scopes of yours are. Still trying to work out a way to buy one and stay alive. Great image!!!

Alan

Thanks Alan.  

on the road to a super-luminance.  This is the red and green subs integrated (58 red and 60 green).  Still noisy due to the faintness of the outer extensions of M101--which I want to portray.  Its getting better though.  A full data set will be much cleaner.  meanwhile--this crop to show the improvement over just teh red channel.

Croprg112c5.jpg.b62c1b57eeb24a81207f4008a6403287.jpg

Edited by Rodd