Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

star adventurer polar scope fuzzy

macupnorth

whenever i try to PA with this mount Polaris looks out of focus,a big blob.is there any way to focus the scope supplied with the SA or shouls i just bite the bullet and buy a designated PS to attach to it?

thanks

mac

I’ve never seen or used one of these, but on conventional polar scopes one can screw the “eyepiece” part of the polar scope to improve focus - it’s a balance of the star being in focus as well as the etched reticle being in focus, and for my dodgy eyes neither are perfectly in focus. See if there is something to screw where you look through; use a distant horizon object in the day time to see if it has any effect.

James

• Like 1

Hi

Assuming that it is the same polarscope as on the Skywatcher Adventurer Mini, then what Red Dwarf said is true. The viewing end of the polarscope is threaded. Turning this adjusts the focus of both polaris (or at least a very distant house in my test) and the reticule. I manage a pretty good focus of both.

Hope this helps,

Ian

• Like 1