NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

eq5 goto max exposure time

Fieldsy

Hi all I'm using a EQ5 goto with asiair and 120mm guide and I'm unable to to get longer exposure than 90 secs without get star trails . Balancing seem as good as can be expected with the 130pds and the cam and filter wheel hanging from the side .does anyone else using the 130pds have a max time of exposure?

Thanks Si

1 hour ago, Adam J said:

That is about what I would expect. I assume that's the focal length of the guide scope. What camera do you have currently is it still the asi178mm? 

Yeah still the 178 , as long as that's the norm I thought the issue maybe the image train hanging from the side rather than the back .

3 hours ago, Fieldsy said:

Yeah still the 178 , as long as that's the norm I thought the issue maybe the image train hanging from the side rather than the back .

You should always have the tube rotates so that the imaging train is pointed down, so when in the home position its pointing down towards the counter weight bar. But to be honest the EQ5 is your limiting factor a HEQ5 pro is most likely what you want to be using if you want to go much more than 90seconds. 

But I would have thought that 60 second exposures at high gain would be sufficient with that sensor to get some nice images so long as you are getting a large number of them, 200 or so. 

Adam

• Like 1