vdB4 and the Sailboat Cluster (NGC225) in Cassiopeia

gorann

This is another target I spotted it in Tom O'Donoghue's @Tom OD Cassiopeia mosaic. A HaRGB image of a nebula and star cluster caught on Wednesday night. I think vdB4 refers to the dark nebula and I am not sure if the blue reflection nebula has any name. There was no structure in the Ha data - just background nebulosity that I added as a Lighten layer to the red channel.

Before the target fell below the north wall of my obsy I managed to catch 24 x 10 min of RGB with the Esprit 150 and ASI071, and 6 x 15 min Ha with the Esprit 100 and ASI1600MM, sitting side by side on the Mesu200. So totally 5.5 hours. I was aiming to get more but missed that the temperature fell quickly from zero to -9°C and I therefore lost some subs due to bad focus. After this I pointed the scopes right up and caught the galactic interaction that I recently posted.

20200226 vdB4 HaRGB PS10smallSign.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 8