Ascom help

Frank the Troll

have installed Ascom, & my camera drivers with ST4 driver which is now showing in Ascom

but now what ?

Thinking I need to also install EQmod for my EQ6, but how to use this with APT & stellarium, sky safari ect, I also need to use the bluetooth dongle on the EQ6

What's needed for that

Cheers peeps

Edited by Frank the Troll

1. Once EQMOD installed and connected (see (2)) APT will connect via EQMOD Ascom HEQ5/6 driver(via Ascom Chooser) when you hit and choose the correct option under "gear" tab "Connect" scope. Dont try and start Ascom by itself its not designed to work that way.

2. When Bluetooth connected  before doing (1) above you should see another COM port in device settings - thats the one you use - so look at devices before pairing to see what COM devices are defined. Then pair and recheck devices to see new COM port. The later is the one used in (1) above.

Haven't used the newer Stallarium since they dumped Stellarium Scope.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stash_old said:

1. Once EQMOD installed and connected (see (2)) APT will connect via EQMOD Ascom HEQ5/6 driver(via Ascom Chooser) when you hit and choose the correct option under "gear" tab "Connect" scope. Dont try and start Ascom by itself its not designed to work that way.

2. When Bluetooth connected  before doing (1) above you should see another COM port in device settings - thats the one you use - so look at devices before pairing to see what COM devices are defined. Then pair and recheck devices to see new COM port. The later is the one used in (1) above.

Cheers for that, at least Im on the right track, com ports I can deal with too